Rapleafers: We’re a group of quirky, intelligent, hard-working individuals. We believe that life is too short to work as an investment banker. We believe in being yourself and doing what you love, day in and day out. We respect individuality and getting things done. We’re not looking for drones. We’re looking for people who understand that with a bit of brains and elbow grease, we can change the (marketing) world for the better.
Perks of being a Rapleafer: We're not going to bore you by listing all the awesome perks of working at Rapleaf - look at any other startup's website - whatever you see there, we probably offer that too. Oh wait, XYZ Combinator doesn't offer free sky diving to all its employees? Oh, shiz, well we do.
You: Think you have what it takes to be a Rapleafer? Well then, we’d LOVE to hear from you.
Business Development Manager
Are you excited about having meaningful top-line impact at a fast growing startup? Does the high risk/high reward dynamic of a startup environment get you excited? If so, we have the perfect opening for you.
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented business development professional who is passionate about building creative, high-impact relations with our most strategic clients and partners.
The Business Development Manager will actively hunt, structure, close, and manage successful relationships across a wide range of verticals - from retail to travel, finance to emerging internet. The objective of this role is to build mutually beneficial, revenue generating relationships with leading enterprise marketers and channel partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Systematically prospect new business – from networking at tradeshows and in-person presentations, to LinkedIn messages, emails and phone calls
- Assess and quantify deal value and methodically move relationships to close
- Negotiate deal terms and structure
- Manage ongoing relationships with clients
Desired Skills and Experience:
Ideal candidates would have a successful track record of closing meaningful commercial deals in software sales, and a strong business acumen in the AdTech industry. The ideal candidate will be able to ‘talk the talk’ with others in the industry from day one, and have the keen ability of assessing and quantifying the impact of various deal opportunities on the fly.
In addition, candidate should have:
- 1-10 years in a business development/sales role. We care that you can demonstrate strong past performance and an ability to make things happen, not how long you worked for your last company
- Desire to learn and build overall business development skillset
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to prioritize and source prospects with minimal guidance
- Creativity and resourcefulness in identifying mutually beneficial opportunities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are a small, fast-moving startup where each team members’ contribution can change the fate of the company
- Diligent organization skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Desire to work in Chicago or San Francisco
- Salary + unlimited commission. We believe that performance should not be capped
- Equity in a fast growing startup
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Work alongside smart people who love what they do. We are passionate about making big things happen
To Apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you are going to be an awesome hire, as well as your resume.